Housing Justice provides a free and confidential service. Our outreach includes Maryborough, Echuca, Castlemaine, Kyabram and Rochester.
Haven; Home, Safe provides this service for the Mallee.
Advice and Advocacy
Housing Justice provides advice, information and assistance to tenants about:
- their rights and responsibilities
- the Victorian Civil and Administration Tribunal (VCAT)
- negotiating with landlords and real estate agents.
Housing Justice helps clients to stand up for themselves. We can also speak on tenants behalf.
Housing Justice supports tenants living in public housing to:
- address barriers to their tenancy
- settle into a new tenancy and link up with their community
- access relevant services and support
- negotiate with government and other community agencies.
Housing Justice welcomes sector and research partners to ensure services meet the need and optimise safe, secure and stable housing.
We acknowledge the Aboriginal people as the traditional owners of the land upon which we work and we pay our respects to their elders, past and present.
The Housing Justice program is supported by the Victorian Government.